Welcome to socially_poetic. A place for you to be yourself through your writing. A dinesty of literature filled with by an embassy of writers.
The main foundation of this community is poetry, but that does not mean you cannot post stories or other forms of art. This is an art community. All types of artists are more than welcome here. Painters, Writers, Photographers, etc...
1. ALL POSTS SHOULD BE FRIENDS ONLY!! IF ITS NOT, I WILL POST YOU A COMMENT, AND YOU WILL HAVE 24 HOURS TO FIX IT. IF YOU FAIL TO DO SO AFTER 48 HOURS, I WILL DELETE THE POST. IF YOU DO NOT MAKE YOUR POSTS FRIENDS ONLY, YOU GET THREE WARNINGS. AFTER THE THIRD WARNING YOU WILL GET A STRIKE.
2. You MUST submit an application to join. Fill out the Application first. Be sure to put your application under a LJ Cut. If you don't know how, refer to the LJ CODE link further down this page. In the subject line, put "NEW APPLICATION" so we know that you are new! The application says to post three pictures of yourself. If you don't have pictures, please contact me stargzn_nemesis at email@example.com first. We will figure out something from there. Also, if you have pictures and do not know how to post them, contact me and I will do my best to help you out! You have to be approved and "voted" in before being accepted. We will vote based on your application. There is NO WRONG ANSWER! What we are looking for is how you express yourself and your points in the application. **If you are rejected you can reapply 30 days after the rejection date. My suggestions, take from the comments and feed back you recieve, and use those towards your advantage...by making your appication better, more in depth, but still very truthful.**
3. You have two days after joining to submit your application. If you do not comply with this rule, you will be banned.
4. Honesty is NOT cruelty. (I love how that sounds so I stole it from starsnhereyes's community application) I will not argue with you about your right to your opinion/cencorship, but we have rules about how to express it in this community. If you don't like this rule, there are plenty of other communities that love for you to be BRUTALLY "HONEST". Be kind to others. Remember their writing means something to them. You may not like it, but do not be rude and obnoxious.
5. Language Rules are not enforced. If you can post, then you are mature enough to moderate yourself. What does this mean? This means that you can say something like, "F*ck I had a bad day," but coming flat out and trying to cause problems with another member like "F*uck you B*tch!" will get you in trouble and punishment will result.
6. If posting large images (or more than one) or long posts, please use an LJ cut. If you do not know how, ask. I will post a tutorial with the different LJ codes for reference.
7. Do not post obscene pictures, flat out nudity will not be tolerated. Artistic pictures with nudity are one things, but flat out pornography is another, and I will not tolerate it in my community.
8. If posting nudity, please put under a cut, as some things may not be work safe. If Nudity is being posted, in subject line, write "NOT WORK SAFE, NUDITY CONTAINED"
9. Topics that may be "controversial" are more than welcome. They are encouraged. You do not need to agree but please do not make those who do agree uncomfortable. If you have strong concerns on a topic, talk to a moderator, or email me at My Email
10. If you post something that could be offensive, please post in the subject line, MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO SOME!. I like to debate, but not to be in the middle of drama. Drama is for TV and not My community.
11.SPAM will be DELETED IMMEDIATELY. IF IT COMES FROM THE SAME LIVEJOURNAL USER TWICE, I WILL REPORT IT TO LIVEJOURNAL.
12. Advertising a community you are in or mod is fine. Make sure you use a user code. This means it will show up like socially_poetic. I will provide a link with how to do the most commonly used LJ codes.
13. Comply with the LJ TOS. We have to, you are no different!
14. READ THE VOTING GUIDELINES BEFORE YOU EVER VOTE!!! THERE ARE THINGS THAT WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT BE TOLERATED!!!
15. If you don't get something, ask...IM HERE FOR THAT! If you don't know how to get in touch with me...make a post with the subject being..."QUESTION FOR MOD", either I or another Mod will answer. Or you can email me and ask me. The email to contact me at is above.
16. Have fun.
THE APPLICATION Copy and paste directly to the update journal page. DO NOT USE RICH TEXT MODE. IT WILL MESS UP AND WE WILL NOT BE HAPPY...:)